Friday, February 17, 2012

Brenda's Big B Birthday Bee

Brenda signing in from Scraps and Strings.
I'm happy to share my jubilee quilt with you.

Several months before I turned 50 in May
I asked my blog readers and quilt friends
to make me a capital B
for Brenda's Big B Birthday B


I posted a simple tutorial on my blog,
but I wasn't prepared for the response:
elaborate B's from all over the world,

Some using text fabric

and some not.
I have more than 50 contributions to this special birthday quilt.

At my January quilt retreat, I put them up on the design wall
and started sewing them together
in blocks and strips
I'm still thinking about final layout
But I'm determined to finish it during my Jubilee year
So I'm playing along with you here!

6 comments:

  1. Brenda......it's awesome! And how nice so many contributed! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your collection of "B" blocks!
    Some really creative ones - great fun, thanks for joining our Jubilee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and fun idea!! My birthday is in May too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! That will "B" a very unique quilt! :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea! What fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete