Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jubilee/Jujube...Sunday

I did start on this idea already...So inspired by Barb and Lori to do it!


This result coming from a desire in the back of my mind to try out the thimble pattern, a la Supergoof.

At the same time, mixing up the words, "jubilee" and "Jujube" (the candy).
Sad.  I know.  But there it is.

So, here are 10 of each color Jujubes.  Actually, there is an extra yellow one, despite quadruple checking.

That's okay, because I'm turning 51 in April!  And I probably would like the lemon ones the best anyway!

No concrete plan for next step on this quilt yet... Medallion?  Maybe!  Sounds fun!

This has truly been an awesome year, well worth commemorating!

Cheers,
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited!! I love your Jujube quilt. I also think it would make a fantastic medallion center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what pattern I'm going to make yet for my jubilee quilt, but I turned 50 this year, so I'm going to do something! I love seeing everyone's quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Jujube quilt.....they look just like that! I still need to get a few more fabrics for mine.....can't wait to start! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reading about your color choices and coming up with an extra of the one. I will be following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the play on words and the tumbler blocks! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, the Jujube/Jubilee name is quite cute as is your thimble piece~!!~

    i am going to join into this fun jubilee project too~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaah, Supergoof ! What a champ', isn't she ? (are you going to beat her, with more than 6.000 tiny thimbles ? HeeHee...)
    LOVE your project (as well as "Jujubes" !) and your colours.
    Enjoy your sewing !
    XOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks tempting enough to eat Sarah(love jubes!). Medallion sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete